Friday, January 28, 2011

P.S. I am a quilt-aholic

Photobucket

Postage Stamp Quilt-along

postage stamp quilt along: construction work
(Rachel Griffith's finished Postage Stamp Quilt.)
60x80 inch finished size

Ok so over at P.S. I Quilt's blog she is hosting a quilt-along for a postage stamp quilt. Well she started it a couple weeks ago. I just got my jelly rolls and fabric for it today! So I decided to put my Christmas quilting aside (see post below) and start this hopeing that I'll have it done by the deadline so I can be entered in the contest. I go back to re-read the instructions and right at the bottom...tentative deadling...Feb 1st. *sinks in* FEB 1st?!?!?!?! That's in 3 days. I have 3 days to sew 80 jelly roll strips together into 16 different sets, cut each set into 2-1/2 individual strips, sew them into blocks (hopeing not to have similar patterns touching, and then sew the blocks all together into one quilt top. Seriously, I need a QA (Quilters Anonymous) intervention! Ugh. Bright side...3 of the 4 kiddos are spending the night at the grandparents houses.

Moda Fabric collection: Central Park by Kate Spain
Blue Fabric is for the binding.
Floral Fabric is for the backing.


Postage Stamp Quilt

No comments: