Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just One Star Moda Challenge



Earlier this week I found out about the Moda "Just One Star" Quilt Challenge. Moda's challenge is to piece, quilt & bind 100 quilts in 100 days for soliders. They need 1800 star blocks to reach this goal. The deadline is May 1st, 2011 to have all the blocks sent in. There quilt goal is June 14th, Flag Day. They are working with the Semper Fi Fund for this challenge.

This challenge means a lot to me because we are an Army family. My husband is an Army Engineer. Alomst a year ago my husband was med-evac'd from Iraq and diagnosed with PTSD. He was already suffering from a shoulder injury from his first deployment. I am very grateful to the Wounded Warrior Project for being there in Germany to make sure he had the necessities that were left in Iraq. When I heard about this challenge I jumped on the bandwagon without hessitation. I want to give back and comfort other soldiers who are having a rough time. Every little bit helps!

I made 6 star blocks. One for each member of my family (my husband, 4 kiddos, and myself). Each block will have a seperate person's name on it. The fabric I chose is "Sweet Liberty" by Pat Sloan.

IMAG0295

IMAG0298
(close up of the wording on the fabric)
IMAG0297




Now, what can you do?

Click on the "Just One Star" image at the top of this post for the instructions on the challenge. How to make the block and where to send it.

Don't have any fabric, let me know and I will mail you enough fabric for free to make a block..or 2...or 3...

Hurry and head over to p.s. i quilt's blog to check out her additional challenge before March 21st.

Photobucket




Want more ways to help? I have several buttons on the left that are linked to Soldiers' Angels. They have a sewing team that does more than just quilts. They sew all sorts of great things for our wounded warriors. Check them out.

1 comment:

FabricsNQuilts said...

Bless you for your family's service & sacrifice and taking time to help others!