Monday, March 7, 2011

Momma and Girlies Dresses

I am going to make my daughters matching dresses. I picked the Kyoko dress pattern. I then remembered I had a pattern similar to the one I'm making the girls. So I ordered some more fabric so I could make a dress to match theirs. (Of course, I really love the fabric and wanted to make me a dress out of it. hehe)

IMAG0229

So, to save from cutting the girls pattern, I traced out the two sizes onto freezer paper and cut them out. Fabric is washed, dried and ironed. Everything is ready to cut and sew tomorrow. I just need to get some bias tape and ribbon for the girls dresses to match the fabric.

Ok saving the best for last. I LOVE this fabric. It is from Amanda Murphy's Ambrosia collection for Robert Kaufman. These are the fabrics I chose for the dresses. My dress will be very similar.

For the bodice:



For the Obi sash:
 


For the skirt (6 total strips, 3 each):

No comments: