Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Year

Yay it's a new year! 

Sadly our Christmas break was spent sick. Gotta love how the kids refuse to share toys, but they'll share a really bad cold. Oh well, we have all pretty much gotten over it. I guess I should be thankful for getting the cold though. I have FINALLY kicked my soda habit (I used to live on Mt Dew as some of you know). It had been 4 long days since I had any soda and Jan 1st I sat down to indulge in a Mt Dew and nearly vomited. I can't stand the taste of it anymore. So now my new project is making syrups to add a little flavor to mineral water. Right now I'm just using lemon and lime juices.

To those I owe scrap vomit squares to, I haven't forgotten! Just haven't been able to make it to the post office yet.

My goal this year is to get my to-do list of quilty/sewing projects cut in half or more. It's crazy long and in various stages of being completed. Several I just need to quilt and bind, others just need to piece the strips/blocks, finishing touches on some dresses, and some haven't even been started. It's kinda embarrassing. I updated my board for 2013. I added the Michael Miller Clubhouse BOM from LolaPinkFabrics because I'm a fabric hoarder addict collector glutton for punishment I couldn't resist.




If you don't know about the Misfit Quilters group, you should check it out. I'm getting ready to start the swaps up again. I have a super cute pattern for the February swap! All of the details will be over on the groups blog.

What are your sewing plans for the year? 


Happy sewing,
Amanda

No comments: