Sunday, July 10, 2011

Farmer's Wife QAL Week 4

This week we were to do blocks #7 and #8. Wow, this was a busy 2 blocks! Lots of little pieces!


Block #7: Birds in the Air


Wow! This block took me a lil while to finish. I tried to use the same color fabric as in the book.My kids love to watch the birds at the feeder in our backyard and try to guess their name. Of course, they also try to sneak up on them and catch them because they want a pet bird. To their dismay, they are always too slow and the birds escape into the sky.



Block #8: Bouquet


Ok, I got tired of working with the same dull colors. While they are beautiful colors, it kinda defeated the purpose of not working with the 1800s reproduction fabrics. So I changed that with this one. I wanted bright cheerful colors, something like you would expect a bouquet of flowers to be.

No comments: