Friday, February 24, 2012

March Madness

Hello Lovlies,

I am going to blogging again in March. There are several things that will be happening that I can't wait for.

1) I will be doing a March Picture of the day that FatMumSlim has created. I missed out on February's Pic of the Day. So here is the list for March's challenge:




2) Project Lunch Box. It is a 30 day challenge to provide healthy, whole food lunches for your family.

Project LunchBox – FamilyFreshCooking.com

Copied from her website:
Why Project Lunch Box?
  • Real, unprocessed foods are best for our physical and mental health.
  • If we help guide what our children eat while away from home, there is a better guarantee for school success, overall happiness and health.
  • It costs less to pack lunch at home. With tighter budgets these days it makes sense to bring your own lunch.
  • We want our children and loved ones to thrive. Home cooked meals are best (unless your school or work cafeteria has embraced a real food meal plan)
Together let’s Take a Pledge to get it right…..
  • I understand that I can help decide what my family eats. #projectlunchbox reinforces that decision.
  • Made a decision to provide meals with Real Whole Food ingredients as often as possible
  • My goal is to provide nourishing meals for my family, even when they are away from home. (work, school, camp, etc.)
  • I will include healthy snacks to keep nourished & strong throughout the day
  • I will use re-usable containers and lunch boxes to reduce waste and care for the environment.
  • I will spread the word with our school, friends and loved ones about Project Lunch Box.
  • I will encourage positive, mindful food behaviors including portion control & taking the time to sit and enjoy a meal.
  • One box. One Meal at a Time. Each day provides a new window of opportunity to get it right.
  • Even if I do not pack lunches for kids I support the mission to feed healthy food to those I care for.
  • Please join us to help promote the Lunch Box Project by tweeting with the hashtag #projectlunchbox and becoming a fan on Facebook and Twitter  for regular updates.
Be sure to check out her website for more information and recipes. She has also pinned a lot of good recipes on pinterest.



3) I plan to get back into sewing. (This will be in a seperate post.)

No comments: